Retail engagement manager
SAVI is a marketing technology business. We influence purchase decisions by connecting Shopper, CPG brands and retailers through our intelligent promotions platform. We combine our unique technology and unrivalled expertise so that marketers can engage consumers and inspire them to purchase their products in the store or channel of their choice.
We are setting out on an ambitious transformation journey and implementing an exciting high growth strategy. Our network of Retailers, the largest in Europe, is constantly expanding to keep pace with the digital transformation taking place in the FMCG sector. We are working daily to bring to enable Retailers, our key partners, with our technology allowing them to accept coupons and cashback promotions in all formats, in a safe, sustainable and convenient way for the Shopper.
This is a full-time position within the Retail engagement team actively supporting our changing business position as marketing solutions provider presenting strategic tools that help our clients activate shoppers and drive sales in-store. We move fast and are looking for a person who’s driven to find the most efficient ways to solve complex problems, support our growth plan and help Retailers, reach their business and operatives goals.
The role reports to the Sales & Marketing Director.
The successful candidate will:
- Thoroughly understand the market in order to identify opportunities of development according to network expansion growth strategy and brand positioning;
- Define vertical strategy and tactics for integrating Retailers in line with budgeted business targets, through active collaboration and effective communication with the rest of team;
- Prospect new channels and open new partners accounts in the market, negotiate terms;
- Fully manage the relationships with clients, with aim to grow a long term sustainable mutual business;
- Manage budget and hold P&L responsibility for business under his/her responsibility;
- Analyse, interpret and communicate commercial and financial information on a regular basis to assist in the evaluation of business performance across segments, partners and products/solutions and recommend action plans accordingly;
- Actively supervise the implementation plan, be responsible for the projects' milestones and the contract KPIs;
- Collaborate with project managers, IT local team and with international solutions development team;
- Gather partners' testimonials and case histories from successfully delivered implementations (e.g. providing high level content for email marketing, events, infographics and webinars);
- Scout for new channels.
More details on the offered position:
- External stakeholder to engage with: marketing c-levels, IT managers, buyers, administration managers in major Retailers and Wholesalers
- Internal stakeholder to partner with: marketing director, product managers, IT managers, project managers and customer service specialists
- Goals: development of new partnerships, business strategies & implementation channels for solutions and development of business relationships in your market
- Ownerships: convert Retailers to digital solutions, business plan preparation, monitoring and reporting, forecasts, analysis of competition.
- Degree in Marketing or Economics;
- 7 years' experience working in a similar role preferably within consulting firms or enterprise software solutions/SaaS providers for Retailers;
- Energetic and inspirational individual with a demonstrated track record of delivering outstanding commercial results/partnerships in the retail sector (grocery), opening, managing, and developing Retailers account in Italy selling enterprise software/SaaS solutions;
- Good understanding of the retail and promotional landscape is a plus;
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others;
- Ability to fruitfully nurture mutually beneficial business relationships;
- Highly driven and result orientated;
- Ability to effectively multi-task within a fast-paced environment Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to work in a fast-growing multicultural environment;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel PowerPoint; CRM suits (e.g. Salesforce, MS Dynamics) is a plus;
- Fluent in English.